Dominion Mandate Through Holiness
MINISTERING: Pst. Christian Chikere
TEXT: Genesis 1:26-28
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
It is emphatically clear that God made man live in dominion over every other creation and its elements.
It will however take a god-like man to have dominion and hence He made man in His image and after His likeness.
If there is no image/likeness of God, you cannot exercise the dominion mandate.
The presence of God in a man’s life is the power behind dominion. The presence of God will come with His power.
Without holiness, there is no dominion mandate (2 Peter 1:1-4). This implies that holiness is an essential key to dominion mandate.
DESCRIPTION OF HOLINESS
1. Holiness is not just a matter of dressing only.
2. Holiness is not just a matter of conduct only.
3. Holiness is not a matter of putting off only. Ephesians 4:22-24
You have to put off the old man and put on Christ.
Holiness therefore, means being totally devoted or dedicated to God to be set apart for His special use.
Holiness is only attainable by the power of the Holy Spirit given every true believer.
DEFINITE GUIDELINES TO PRACTICAL HOLINESS
1. That which constitutes breaking any one of the Ten Commandments is always wrong.
2. That which is contrary to the plain teachings of the Bible is always wrong. 2 Timothy 3:16
3. That which brings condemnation to the individual conscience is wrong.
4. That which becomes a stumbling block to another Christian is wrong. Romans 14:13-19
5. That which amounts to bondage to anything other than His will is wrong. 1 Corinthians 6:12
6. The personal test experience.
It is possible to know from your own experiences when something is displeasing to our Lord, or harmful to our Christian life.
DANGERS OF NOT LIVING THE DOMINION MANDATE
When a man is not living the dominion mandate;
1. He is living out a life of restlessness.
2. He is living out a life of shame, dishonour and despair.
3. He is living out a life of hindrance to others.
4. He is living out a life of perpetual defeat.
5. He is living out a life useless for God’s purpose.
6. He is living out a life subject to afflictions and attacks.
In conclusion, God is the power backing the authority of dominion mandate.
A life God-like in holiness attracts His presence and power to exercise dominion mandate in its fullness.