Emerging Fruit of Gratitude
TOPIC: Emerging Fruit of Gratitude
TEXT: I Thessalonians 5:16-18
MINISTERING: Rev. Ademola Babatunde
The word “Gratitude” is an expression of thankfulness.
Looking through the Scripture, thankfulness is a prominent theme of the Bible.
We are to give thanks in all circumstances. Gratitude should be a way of life.
Gratitude is a fruit that needs to emerge in our life. When gratitude becomes a way of life, it will flow freely from our hearts and expressed with our mouth..
Biblical Expectations of Gratitude
1. Gratitude is a command and not optional. It is expected both in good and bad times. Eph. 5:20
2. Giving thanks. Heb. 13:15
Giving thanks in the time of agony is not an easy thing to do, but it is expected of us by God. Gratitude is referred to as “Sacrifice of Praise”, when we’re in pains and can still be thankful; when we’re in need and can still express our thanks to God.
Basis for Gratitude
1. Sovereignty of God. Isaiah 46:9-10
God has the destiny of man in His hands and has full authority over man and the day we lose sight of that, we question His sovereignty.
2. God’s presence in man’s affliction. Isaiah 43:1-2.
On this side of eternity, God has not promised us that we will not pass through afflictions and difficulties, but He promised to be there with us through it all.
3. Our present affliction cannot be compared with eternal reward. 2Cor 4:16-17.
The afflictions and pain we face in this world will definitely come to an end, it is only for a moment.
When a man goes through the afflictions of this world and does not lose sight of God, then his Glory awaits him ultimately..
4. There is no Solution or Safety Outside of God. Prov. 18:10, Psalm 46:1
When we face challenges in life, we should learn to give thanks to God.
5. God’s mercies and love never ceases. Lamentations 3:22-23.
We should not lose sight of the fact that God cares and loves us irrespective of whatever circumstance we may be facing now.
Benefits of Gratitude
1. It helps us focus on God and not on our circumstances. 2Cor. 2:14-16
When we focus on God, every mountain becomes low.
When we focus more on our problems, the problem becomes more overwhelming.
2. Gratitude helps us remember the mightiness of God. Phil 4:12-13
The more of God we think of, the more we remember who God truly is.
When we are grateful to God, He will take you out of that situation.
3. Gratitude helps us to see hope in hopeless situation. Habakkuk 3:17-19
A grateful heart helps us to see hope when a situation seems hopeless.
Gratitude makes us to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
4. Gratitude helps us to condition our mind to be at Peace. Isaiah 26:3
5. Gratitude helps us to keep our heart in right relationship with God. Hebrew 4:14-16
As we go through life, one thing that man must guard jealously is his relationship with God irrespective of the circumstances we may face.
Our connection with God is so important because without God we become empty and exposed to the attack of the enemy. A man of gratitude will not stop worshiping God because He is worthy of our worship.
In Conclusion, whether we feel good about our condition in life or not, we should make the decision to always be grateful to God for He is our Creator.Believing the reality of God’s promises helps us to develop a grateful heart.