TOPIC: Go Forward
TEXT: Exodus 14:10-15
MINISTERING: Rev. Ademola Babatunde
We are on a journey and the journey of life is usually subject to three distinct things, and they include;
i. Going forward.
ii. Being stagnant.
iii. Falling behind.
Of all these three, going forward is our focus because that is the will of God for our lives.
To go forward implies an advancement. It also means to make progress.
REASONS WHY WE NEED TO GO FORWARD
1. Going Forward is a Demonstration of Faith. Exodus 14:10
Until our faith arise, our fears cannot go down. A man of faith cannot faint.
2. Going Forward gives us an Opportunity to Break Loose from the Past.
If you are connected to the past, you remain in the past.
3. Going Forward gives us the Opportunity to Experience New Possibilities.
HINDERANCES TO GOING FORWARD
1. Unbelief. Matthew 13:58
The promise of God needs to be held on to regardless of how long it takes.
2. Fear. Proverbs 12:25
Where there is fear, there will be doubt and where there is doubt, there will be discouragement.
3. Negative Confession. Proverbs 18:21
The enemy of many is the tongue, so avoid negative confession.
THE MINDSET OF GOING FORWARD
Your mindset is the place where every battle goes on. It is what your mind processes that becomes your action.
1. See every Disappointment as an Opportunity for Advancement. Joshua 1:1-2
2. See what God is saying not what you are Feeling. Joshua 1:3-4
3. See that God is Bigger than the Obstacles on your Path. Joshua 1:5
4. See the Benefits of Obedience. Joshua 1:7
5. See the Provision of God’s Word for your Success. Joshua 1:8-9
6. See the Importance of Preparation before Possession. Joshua 1:10-11