TOPIC: Gaining The Lost World
TEXT: Zachariah 1:12-17, Isaiah 60:22
A sleeping christian cannot wake up a dying world. A believer who is alive needs to keep the mandate of soul winning.
SIGNS OF THOSE THAT HAVE THE BURDEN FOR SOULS. John 4:29-38
1. It will reflect in your Words.
2. It will reflect in your Actions.
Your words and actions are very vital, so watch them.
As Christians, we need to understand that our purpose on earth is to do God’s will.
We shouldn’t allow our will to be more magnified in our lives that we neglect the will of God.
THE EVIDENCE OF HAVING THE BURDEN FOR SOULS
1. There will be continuous prayer for the salvation of souls. Matt. 9:37-38
Anyone that has the burden for souls will pray for souls.
2. Readiness to preach the Gospel. 1 Cor. 9:16
3. Readiness to endure hardness for Christ. 2 Timothy2:3
4. Readiness to Spend your resources for the Gospel.
5. See the Gospel as a way of life. Romans 1:16
BARRIERS AGAINST SOUL WINNING
1. Ignorance. Eph. 5:17
2. Distraction. 1 John 2:15
3. Fear. 2 Timothy 1:6
4. Religion: God is calling us to be spiritual and not religious.
5. Prayerlessness: Prayer is the key to breakthrough.
BASIC APPROACH TO SOUL WINNING
1. Preach both in season and out of season. 2 Timothy 4:2
2. Let our focus be on Jesus.
3. Preach Jesus everywhere.
4. Pray Effectively. Colossians 4:3
In conclusion, John 9:4; As long as it is day, we must keep on doing the work of him who sent me; night is coming when no one can work.